Thursday, February 26, 2009

My English 8I is a cell phone.

Michael is the loudspeaker;

no one can find the button to turn him off.

Justin is text messaging

he likes to keep it brief.

Zack is doom who signals

when you go over your minutes.

Sandip is the ringtone

that I forget to put on silence.

Dae’ Aja, Jessaymn, and Raven are

constant conversations never on hold.

Austin is the keypad

he working digitally

in an efficient fashion.

Sarah and Kamylia are Verizon

the gang in the background

who keep us connected.

Rolando is the camera jumping to catch a shot of what’s going on.

Philip and Anthony are the screen; you can see that they are working.

Megan and Ariana are the help desk lending tech support when we’re in trouble

Raheem is voice mail with a kind greeting for those who can’t reach us.

And I am the case struggling to keep us all working for the future.

Chaloux 2009

1 comment:

twerdy said...

I thought the metaphoric poem was awesome!
I like being the help desk!
It was witty and cool.

^-^